The Indian Institute of Forest Management, under Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Government of India, is a sectoral management institute, which constantly endeavors to evolve knowledge in the areas of Forest, Environment and Natural Resources Management and allied sectors. It disseminates such knowledge in ways that promote its application by individuals and organizations. Application of such knowledge in the field of CSR is one of the upcoming need of the sector for which IIFM has taken this initiative to support the CSR initiatives of organizations through baseline surveys, need assessment, impact assessment, planning process, project identification and implementation and through this facilitate the capacity building of CSR professionals.
Realizing the same, C-CSR at IIFM has been established to provide thought leadership to corporate organizations through cutting edge research and publications, in order to facilitate promotion of greater environmental and social responsibility through individual and community based social initiatives.
Being an academic institution of national repute, Teaching, Training, Research and Consultancy in broader domain of CSR are same to the core activities of IIFM. The current involvement of IIFM in the field of CSR is detailed as under:
· IIFM has already been involved in teaching a course on Business Ethics and CSR at the master’s level for last one decade.
· Research in CSR sphere on the topics like venture philanthropy, community development, sustainability, social and corporate responsiveness, CSR expenditure etc. are also being
· A Guidance document for “Corporate Social Responsibility in Natural Resource and Environment Management Sectors” has also been published in the year 2015 by IIFM.
· IIFM is engaged in conducting annual CSR conclaves with students’ initiative.
· IIFM has the potential to undertake consulting assignments on monitoring and evaluation/third party impact assessment of social/environmental/CSR initiatives of public sector/other