The IIFM stands in a position to meet the requirements of the changing scenario in the forestry, environment, development, and allied sectors. It is constantly striving to update itself and accordingly respond to the needs of all concerned stakeholders. Given the emerging, and much-needed, emphasis on environmental sustainability, climate change, carbon trading, green finance, corporate social environmental responsibility, biodiversity conservation and natural resource management, IIFM suitably modifies its focus, activity frame and course structure to successfully meet these needs. All these activities not only require man power, possessing a desired blend of skills pertaining to forestry, environment & development with management science but also need the professional assistance and guidance for capacity building, project implementation and monitoring. Therefore, IIFM through its educational, training, research and consultancy activities has planned to endeavor to meet this emerging need.
Accordingly, a Doctoral level Programme titled the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) for people who need specialized knowledge, skills, and attitudes for positions requiring conceptual and visioning skills. The Fellow Programme is an important step in that direction. The FPM is approved by AICTE.
The FPM is a doctoral program designed to develop and equip students for career opportunity in management education and research in the following faculty areas of specialization:
- Communication and Extension Management
- Ecosystem and Environment Management
- Environment and Developmental Economics
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology and Quantitative Techniques
- Marketing Management
- Sociology and Community Development
- Technical Forestry
The main objectives of the FPM are:
- To develop researchers and scholars in the field of management;
- To create a body of knowledge; and
- To stimulate research / action research work in Natural Resource Management.