- Instructions to institutes/Colleges during lockdown/On-going pandemic Covid-19 Click here
- Revised Academic Calendar 2021-22 Click here
Admission to the fully residential two year PGDFM is open to graduates from any discipline provided he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and qualifies through the selection process.
A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (it may also be referred to as Persons With Disability (PWD) categories), awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act. 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2021 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2021) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
CAT 2020/XAT 2021
Apply and appear for CAT 2020/ XAT 2021. IIFM will use CAT/XAT score for short-listing the candidates. IIMs/XLRI have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Total no. of seats : 150(120+30)
Apply to IIFM
- Click here and remit the fee through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. (Rs. 1000 | Rs. 500 for SC/ST).
- Obtain admission bulletin and the application form personally or by post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500 for SC/ST) in favor of Director, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal.
Application complete in all respects must be submitted online on or before:
For CAT & XAT applicants: 10th March, 2021
WAT and PI
Written aptitude test (WAT) and personnel interviews (PI) for short-listed candidates will be held at BHOPAL, BANGALORE, NEW DELHI, KOLKATA & KOCHI during March/April 2021.
As per Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates. For Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the ‘non-creamy ‘layer (NC-OBC) 27% of the seats are reserved. As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995 , 3% of the seats are reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are:- (a) low-vision/blindness, (b) Hearing impairment, and (c) locomotors disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if a candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a Medical Authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavor of IIFM that the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PWD(DA)/Non – Creamy OBC categories join the programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process.
Scholarship to SC students
IIFM is recognized as an Institute of Excellence under the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Castes (SC) Students offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. This scholarship (total 4) is available to SC category students at IIFM subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down by the Ministry. The scholarship will cover expenditure of full-fee and lodging boarding charges, books and stationary charges at a fixed rate.
Scholarship to ST students
IIFM is also recognized as an Institute of Excellence under the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribes (ST) Students offered by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India. Five scholarships are available to ST category students at IIFM subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down by the Ministry. The scholarship will cover expenditure of full- fee, lodging and boarding charges, books and stationary charges at a fixed rate.
The Mandatory disclosure as per AICTE guidelines relating to admission procedure is hosted on our website.
Other Important Information
- Providing inaccurate or incomplete information or malpractice of any kind or canvassing will result in disqualification of the Candidate.
- The PGDFM admission bulletin can be downloaded from the Institute's website in PDF Format.
- The Institute reserves the right to change any information in this bulletin, whenever it is deemed necessary. Therefore this is not having any legal entity.
- Please note that admission to any category of candidate is subject to meeting the selection criteria as specified by IIFM. In case of any dispute, the jurisdiction will be the competent court of Bhopal only.
- Ragging is totally banned in IIFM and anyone found guilty of ragging and/ or abetting ragging is liable to be punished as per the IIFM Anti-Ragging Policy.
In case of any query/doubt related to admission process, please call on 0755-2671929 from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Send Application to:
Indian Institute of Forest Management,
Nehru Nagar, Bhopal, 462 003, INDIA
Phone : 91-755-2766603, 2775703, 2763925, 2761731, 2773799, 2776950, 2768331, 2763924
Extn: Admission Cell 339, Manager 394 & Chairperson 464.
Manager (Direct: 2763466)
FAX : 91-755-2671929