ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR FN/PIO/OIC/CIWGC
|Application Form (Pdf)||Application Form (Doc)|
ADMISSION PROCESS FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS/OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA/PERSONS OF INDIAN ORIGIN/CHILDREN OF INDIAN WORKERS IN THE GULF COUNTRIES
Overseas candidates including Foreign Nationals/Overseas Citizen of India/Persons of Indian Origin/Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countrieswho seek admission to IIFM, Bhopalin 31st batch of Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management (PGDFM) can apply in the prescribed application from furnishing their latest GMAT scores. GMAT Scores (taken on or after January 2015) / CAT 2017 / XAT 2018 scores).
Admission to the fully residential two year PGDFM is open to graduates (a minimum of 15 years of education under the 10+2+3 pattern (i.e., 12 years of schooling + 3 year Bachelor’s degree) from any discipline provided he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and qualifies through the selection process. A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA, awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be Deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
The equivalence of the foreign degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU) by candidates who have obtained degree from foreign university. Such students are advised to start the process of getting the equivalence. The details are available at http://www.aiu.ac.in/
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2018 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2018) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. Candidate will be required to submit the result by 31st December 2018.
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
- Name of the Institution : Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal (An autonomous Institution of Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change)
- Name of the Course : Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management
- Duration of the course : Two years, Residential.
- Total No. of seats allowed for : 15% of 120 seats i.e. 18 Seats under supernumerary quota (Foreign Nationals/ Overseas Citizen of India/ Persons of Indian Origin – 12 seats, Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries - 6 seats)
- Mode of Finance : Self Finance
- Registration & Course fee :
- (i) The application fee for admission is US D 30 or Equivalent INR.
(ii) The course fee including hostel rent for two years for foreign students is USD 21,000, for SAARC students the course fee is USD 14,000. The fee does not include mess charges, travel expenses for joining the course, visa charges etc. The fee should be paid in two instalments i.e. 60% of the fee payable in first year and 40% in second year.
- Eligibility & Selection : :
- (1) Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree (with a minimum of 15 years of education) in any discipline with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA awarded by any recognized University as per the country of origin. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor's degree examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2018 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2018) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. Selected candidates having qualifications acquired from foreign universities/Boards are required to obtain equivalence from AIU, India (httpl.www.aiu.ac.in).
(2) The criteria for admission shall be GMAT Scores (taken on or after January 2015) / CAT 2017 / XAT 2018 scores for PGDFM 2018 – 20 and personal interview over Skype or other IT tool to test aptitude towards the programme and command over English language.
- Foreign students: Students holding passports issued by foreign countries including people of Indian origin who have acquired the nationality of foreign countries..
- Students passing the qualifying examinations from Boards or Universities located in foreign countries as external students and dependents of NRI studying in India will not merit the status of international students.
Under this category only the students who have studied and passed the qualifying examination from a school located in foreign country shall be considered. This will include the student studying in school and / or college situated in foreign country, even if the concerned school / college is affiliated to any Board of secondary education or a University in India. However, wards of NRI / PIO / FN, who is studying for the qualifying examination in school / college located in India are excluded.
- Equivalence Certificate:
The candidate shall get equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian University (AIU),16, Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg(Kotla Marg), Near ITO, New Delhi 110002. http://www.aiu.ac.in
STEP- 1: Visit IIFM website : http://22.214.171.124/~iifmac/admission/ - submit the application online alongwith the scanned copies of documents and remit the Registration fee online through netbanking/credit card/pay pal.
STEP-2: Eligibility Test
Personal interview over Skype or other IT tool to test aptitude towards the programme and command over English language.
STEP-3: Final Selection and Visa
The Institute will issue admission offer letter to the selected candidates. The selected candidates on the basis of offer letter have to obtain student visa for joining the course. The orientation programme will starts on 26th June, 2018 and the regular classes will be held from 2nd July, 2018. The selected students has to complete all the formalities including remittance of course fee before that.
Payment of course Fee:
The course fee including hostel rent for two years for foreign students is USD 21,000, for SAARC students the course fee is USD 14,000. The fee does not include mess charges, travel expenses for joining the course, visa charges etc. The fee to be paid in two instalments i.e. 60% of the fee payable in first year at the time of admission and 40% at the beginning of second year.
(i) Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries:
Proof that either parent is working in a gulf country, such as the copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf, copy of the parent’s work permit (if any) will be required while applying for admission.
(ii) Foreign Nationals:
Means the Citizen of Countries other than India who are not of Indian origin as defined under OCI/PIO.
(iii) Overseas Citizen of India:
Means a Foreign national, who was eligible to become Citizen of India on 26.01.1950 or was a Citizen of India on or at any time after 26.01.1950 or belonged to a territory that become part of India after 15.08.1947. Minor children of such person are also eligible for OCI. However, if the Applicant had ever been a Citizen of Pakistan or Bangalesh, he/she will not be eligible for OCI.
(iv) Persons of Indian Origin:
Means a Foreign Citizen (except a national of Pakistan, Afgahanistan, Bangladesh, China, Iran, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Nepal) who at any time held an Indian passport Or who or either of their parents/grandparents/great grandparents were born and permanent resident in India as defined in Government of India Act, 1935 and other territories that become part of India thereafter provided neither was at any time a Citizen of any of the aforesaid Countries, or who is a spouse of Citizen of India or a PIO.