Summer Internship (PGDFM 2017-19 Batch)
The concept of first hand learning makes Summer Internship an integral part of the PGDFM course. While classroom lectures, quizzes and assignments groom the students, the opportunity to have a first-hand industrial experience comes only through practical learning.
Thus, the Summer Internship (SI) Programme provides our students an opportunity to develop critical thinking, the ability to work in a team, excel in business and effective communication skills and above all, gives the students real-world experience in a sector of their choice. Some of the features that make the PGDFM SI Programme distinct are:
- Its integration with the curriculum is regularly thought over and improved
- Three terms and a long field exposure precede the SI Programme
- Besides working on the subject of interest, students also learn organizational functioning
- Experience sharing and improvement modules elicit desired results.
The PGDFM Summer Internship is a unique Programme that provides benefits to the students as well as to the host organizations. Some of these benefits are:
- It is perceived as a lifetime chance to hone skills and showcase it for future.
- It enhances ability to face situations with greater confidence and learn management techniques under the guidance of an able Reporting Officer
- It helps a student to plan a career path based on this unique and real experience
- The SI experience also acts as a feedback loop to the academic program and often leads to sharpening of courses, review of courses or even introduction of a new elective.
- It acts as an incentive to perform better in regular courses.
For Host Organisations
- Budding managers with an ever-alert mind are taught the latest techniques of addressing problems. Organizations find in them, personnel at par with most people from the market.
- It provides a chance to gauge future employees and understand the younger generation- their dreams and their aspirations.
- It provides them an opportunity to take up projects and work with minimal expense.
- It provides an opportunity to organizations to contribute to the society by spending time and resources on the future generation
At the end of the SI Project, students submit a report to the host organization presenting their learnings and the findings of their project.