POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN SUSTAINABILITY MANAGEMENT (PGDSM)
Preparing for Sustainable Future
Admissions Announcement 2021-2023 Batch
The Post Graduate Program in Sustainability Management aims to prepare professionals with a blend of managerial, technical, analytical and social skills as well as values to address emerging sustainability issues and challenges in environmental sector.
India is faced with multiple challenges, and solution to many of them lie within the realm of environmental and ecological sustainability. This program has been especially designed to provide necessary skill required to deal with such challenges in the sector and come up with real time solutions. This two-year fully residential program shall develop a brigade of Green managers who would be able to integrate Economic, Social and Environmental issues.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Demonstrate an understanding of comprehensive systemic analysis of sustainability issues across both physical and behavioral dimensions involving society, the environment, and the economy.
- Professionally communicate to a range of audiences, demonstrating in depth knowledge of the discipline and of the needs of diverse stakeholders, promote values of peace & environmental justice, and introduce timely shift in traditional ways of business incorporating sustainability concerns.
- Apply logical, critical and creative thinking to analyze, synthesize and apply analytical tools for decision making in a complex business world of issues and problems pertaining to targeted areas of sustainability.
- Collaborate effectively with others and demonstrate intellectual independence and autonomy to solve problems and/or address sustainability issues and imperatives of industry.
- Evolve a deeper understanding of sustainability principles and externalities among next generation of managers with the aim of creating sustainable communities thereby envisioning a better society.
- Demonstrate a career path that shows development as a sustainability leader and engage in activities that benefit society following sustainable management practices through a combination of system thinking, leadership engagement and perspective planning.