World Forestry Day Photography Contest
(A National level photography competition event)
1. About the event
The main objective of the 1st National Level Photography contest by IIFM Bhopal is to expose the key messages on World Forestry day to the wide audience and bring together the likeminded people and professionals.
2nd: Rs. 20, 000/-
3rd: Rs. 15,000/-
|1||Opening of the event||September 1, 2018|
|2||Last date for the entry||December 31, 2018|
|3||Announcement of the Result||February, 2019|
|4||Photograph exhibition||March 21, 2019|
4. COMPETITION RULES
- This contest is open for any of the student enrolled in any of the recognized college/university in India or any forest/environment or general management professional. The organizing team members will not be eligible to take part in the contest. An employee of the Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal may take part in the contest subjected to his/her meeting basic eligibility, however, he/she will not be eligible for any prize money.
- Photographs violating forest conservation ideals would be disqualified. Contestants must keep the ideals of flora and fauna conservation, while taking photographs.
- Photos must be taken in India by the contestant himself/herself, it should be the single work of the contestant and owned by the contestant.
- Each participant may submit up-to 2 entries and should provide the caption.
- Exif content for the image must be intact to show the date when photograph taken.
- All submitted images must be minimum 1024×768 pixel.
- The file name has to be in the following format e.g. Contestant First Name_College/organization
- A soft copy by email and a print out in 8×10 inch is also to be submitted to the Office of the Chairman, Brand Value Enhancement and Public Relations Cell, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal (MP) PIN-462003 or before December 31, 2018 (by 6 PM), Email: email@example.com
- The details of the contestant (Name, contact No. & email id), location, date, time and caption is to be written on the back of the print.
- All entries must be original. JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG and RAW are acceptable formats. Optimization of images or colour correction, cropping, contrast, brightness is acceptable. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the images is not acceptable.
- The entries are non-returnable. Participants may retain the copyright of the photographs submitted. However, the entries may be used or reproduced by the organizers for promotional and educational purposes and Photo credits will be acknowledged.
- The organizers will not be held responsible for any communication delay or lapse, loss or damage to an entry.
- A panel of experts will finalize the evaluation based on the following Judging Criteria:(1) Creative communication of key message (2) Photographic quality (Sharpness, colors, exposure, etc). The decisions of the Judge (s) are final and binding. Evaluation may include screening round where individual judge shortlist the 10% of the total entries given to him/her. The shortlisted entries will be pooled together from different judges, and based on the score from a panel of three judges, the winning entries will be selected. All entries qualifying the screening round may be shortlisted for the exhibition.
- Winners will be notified at the prize giving ceremony. The decision of the organizers related to in-person invitation to the winners in any event and re-imbursing their participation expense would be final and binding.
- The judge (s) reserve the right to call for original files for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if the original files cannot be provided.
- The organizers (s) reserve the right to arbitrate in the event of dispute through its internal system.
- SELECTED PHOTOS may be exhibited by the organizers/its partners at the World Forestry Day or any other event.
5. PATRON/ORGANIZING TEAM
- Dr. Pankaj Srivastava, Director, IIFM Bhopal (Patron)
- Dr. Parul Rishi, BVEPRC Member
- Dr. Anup Prakash Upadhyay, BVEPRC Member
- Dr. Advait Edgaonkar
- Dr. Sharadindu Pandey, BVEPRC Chairperson and Nodal Person
The Chairman, Brand Value Enhancement and Public Relations Cell, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal (MP) PIN-462003 Ph.0755-2775716 (Ext. 386) Mobile: 9560076525 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org