Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if this course is right for me?
This course is designed for forestry and horticulture graduates, working professionals in the forestry sector or retired foresters with a track record of academic and professional excellence. Candidates should be motivated to support business, farmers, and society in the expansion of farm forestry. The aim of this course is to develop business skills in forestry students and personnel, so that they can grow as entrepreneurs.
2. How long is the course?
The course duration is for 4 months, and will commence from 16th Sept, 2019 (Monday)
3. Who will teach the course?
Faculty will be drawn primarily from IIFM and supplemented with guest faculty comprising of experts from the industry, government and civil society. The multi-disciplinary faculty of IIFM who have decades of experience in providing management inputs in forest management are especially suited to share their rich expertise and experience with the students of this course.
4. What will be the teaching pedagogy for this course?
IIFM provides contemporary classroom learning using methods like case analysis and conceptual discussions based on the same, along with review of literature on various topics given as assignments and presentations. Application of the models, tools and frameworks taught in real life scenarios will be emphasized through project work, fieldwork and industry visits.
5. Is the course accredited?
The course is approved by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India
6. What will I learn in this course?
• Management concepts and tools: Green marketing, project management, people management, data analytics, business communication, business plan writing, environmental economics, farm forestry and impact assessment
• Application of these learnings in real life scenarios through project work and fieldwork
7. What courses will be taught?
Commercial Forestry and Chartered Foresters (CFCF)
Project Management (PM)
Green Marketing (GM)
Managing People and Performance in Organizations (MPPO)
Computing and Data Analytics (CDA)
Experiential Learning: Project Work – I (EL-I)
Business Communication (BC)
Entrepreneurship and Business Plan Writing (EBPW)
Applied Agroforestry (AA)
Environmental Economics (EE)
Environment and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
Experiential Learning: Project Work – II (EL-II)
Field work module
* indicative list of courses
8. Will I receive a Course Certificate?
9. After I complete this course, will I be an IIFM alum?
10. Is the course being offered online?
11. Will I get practical experience?
Our training will be a combination of theory and practice. We also provide live exposure on projects and give assignments and project work to test your skill sets. Fieldwork will also be conducted to immerse the students in the farm forestry sector.
12. Will I become an expert when I go through these courses?
No. You cannot become an expert in a short period of 4 months. The course will give you strong fundamentals on which you can build your expertise. But our courses will reduce the time needed by you to become an expert.
13. Will I get placed?
Placement opportunities will be facilitated for the students by partnering with various corporates, NGOs and government agencies.
14. What are the differences between your course and that of other institutes?
IIFM is a premier institute of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. The mandate of the institute is integrating management principles in the forestry sector. Our faculty are expert trainers and have mentored many students over the last three decades and gave fulfilling careers to all of them. Other difference is the way the course is structured with a focus on developing skill sets with equal focus on theory and project work with live experience.
15. Whom do I contact for additional information?
We will be glad to assist you in your admission and course related queries. You are most welcome to contact us over phone be 11.00 AM and 5.00PM on weekdays. Alternatively, you can reach out to the admission team any time through email. Please feel free to email your admission and program related queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager (Academic affairs) 0755- 2763466 (direct)
0755- 2766603, 2775703, 2763925, 2761731
Extn: Admission Cell 339, Manager 349 & Chairperson 463
Postal: Indian Institute of Forest Management, Nehru Nagar, P.O. 357, Bhopal,
PIN 462003, Madhya Pradesh
1. Who can register for this course?
• Young professionals: Graduates in forestry or horticulture, or post graduates in forestry
• Working professionals (private, government or entrepreneurs) working in the forestry or allied sectors
• Retired forest personnel
2. What is the time commitment for this course?
The course duration is for 4 months, and will commence from 16th Sept, 2019 (Monday)
3. How do I register for the course?
By applying online at www.iifm.ac.in/c3f
4. When does the registration window open?
10th April, 2019 (Wednesday)
5. What is the registration deadline?
20th June, 2019 (Thursday)
6. How should I pay the application fees?
Rs 500/- online through the portal which is non-refundable
7. What are the supporting documents needed for registration?
Application form (to be filled online), Statement of purpose, Photograph (jpeg format) and Signature (jpeg format)
8. Can I cancel my registration?
Yes, but the application fee is non-refundable
9. How will I know, if I have been shortlisted for the entrance exam?
Shortlisted candidates will be informed over email by 28th June, 2019
10. Will the written exam and interview be held on the same day?
Yes, on 14th July, 2019 at IIFM, Bhopal
11. What will be the pattern of the written exam?
The syllabus for the written exam will comprise of Forestry, Mental ability and English. The 120-minute objective written exam will have 100 questions covering Forestry, English and Mental Ability. The weightage would be 50% for forestry and 25% each for English and mental ability.
International environmental law, national forest policy and law, forest classification of India, forest ecology, forest mensuration and biometrics, silviculture, field botany, forest biodiversity, economic valuation, non-timber forest products, forest operations management, forest protection, forest management and wood science.
Verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning
Analogy, antonyms, synonyms, reading and comprehension
12. I am a working professional, do I have to appear for the written exam?
Working professionals are exempted from the written exam, but have to register for the course online, submit statement of purpose and appear for the personal interview.
13. When will the final results be announced?
Final results will be announced on 21st July, 2019, and the offer will close on 10th Aug, 2019
14. When will the course commence?
On 16th Sept, 2019 (Monday) at IIFM, Bhopal
15. How do I reach the IIFM campus from the railway station or airport?
IIFM is located 10km from the Bhopal junction railway station and 18km from the Raja Bhoj airport.
16. What is the academic fees, and total expenses?
The academic fees per student is Rs 1,00,000 (Rupees one lakh) to be paid in two installments of Rs 60,000 (Rupees sixty thousand) at the time of admission and Rs 40,000 (Rupees forty thousand) after two months. The hostel and mess charges will be extra. All efforts will be made to provide in-campus accommodation on sharing basis and mess facility. The hostel fee is Rs 16,000/- for the total period of 4 months and needs to be paid at the time of admission. Security deposit of Rs 10,000/- which is fully refundable also needs to be paid at the time of admission. Hence, the total fees payable at the time of admission is Rs 86,000/-, followed by Rs 40,000/- after 2 months. The mess is managed by the students themselves and the mess charges are to be paid as per actual.
17. What is the refund policy for the academic fees?
Cancellation requests received before 26th Aug, 2019 will be processed for full refund, barring a Rs 1000/- processing fees.
1. Where will I stay during the course?
We are committed to providing students with a safe, secure environment that fosters harmony and student development. All efforts will be made to provide the students in-campus hostel on sharing basis. The hostel rooms are provided with geyser facility for hot water facility round the year. The hostel rooms are connected with internet facility.
2. What are the academic facilities available in-campus?
The Institute has a sprawling campus spread over 230 acres located on a lush green hill-top surrounded by water-bodies on three sides. The building complex includes the Academic Complex, Library, Computer Centre, Hostel, Mess, and the Administration and Accounts wings. The Academic Complex of IIFM includes class rooms, seminar rooms equipped with video conferencing facilities and the faculty block. The Computer Centre has hardware and software resources that are capable of providing support for diverse computing requirements. It has a number of computers in Local Area Network (LAN), 100 Mbps leased line internet connectivity and state-of-the-art Geographic Information System (GIS) and Image Processing facilities. Round the clock computer lab facility is available for students. The library has a vast collection of books and journals on subjects of business management, sociology, conservation, environment, development, forestry and beyond. This multi-storied air conditioned building offers an ocean of knowledge to students. Subscription to a number of international e-journals is a key ingredient of the IIFM library. For more details click here.
3. What about sports and recreation facilities?
The sports complex comprises of gym, indoor games, volley ball, basketball, lawn tennis, badminton and table tennis. A play ground is also available for football and cricket. For more details click here.
4. What about medical facilities?
Doctors visit the IIFM Campus on every alternate day. Students can consult them free of cost but they have to procure medicines on their own. In case of medical emergency, students are provided Institute’s vehicle to consult doctors outside the campus. Accommodation for parents visiting their wards can be facilitated at nominal charges subject to availability. Students are encouraged to get medical insurance.
5. What about mess facilities?
Mess is run by student mess committee on cooperative basis. Basic infrastructure and partial manpower are provided by the Institute as a subsidy. The Mess is equipped with automated and semi-automated equipment and cooking systems. For more details click here.